Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Healthy Wednesday | Juizs 3-day detox

Hello lovelies!

It's been way too long since I last posted a blogpost! I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted something! I'm sorry! 

Anyway, I wanted to write a blogpost about my detox journey. I decided to do a 3 day juice detox from Juizs. It's a Dutch company who serves Cold Pressed juices on your doorstep! Super easy;) 


So I decided to give it a go. I received 21 juices and 3 detox waters to last me 3 days. That means 7 juices a day, which are 4 liquid salads (lots of veggies and a bit of fruit for the taste), 2 veggie soups which you can either take warm or cold and 1 nutmilk to keep your proteins in check. 

So I started on Thursday and ended on a Saturday (not the best timing, but I wanted to do it before starting work and since they deliver on Wednesday evening and I have to go back to work on a Tuesday, there weren't many other options really..) 

I'll let you know how the days went and what it did to me. A little information before:

I do this to loose the last bit of pregnancy weigth, but most of all to kickstart my new sugarfree lifestyle. During my pregnancy I didn't hold on to my sugarfree diet. I was too weak;) So it's time to get back into it and what better way to start than to cleanse the body off all toxins (and sugars!)

Day 1
You start your day with a glass of water with some lemon juice and himalayan salt (I added normal salt because I don't have Himalayan salt). At 9.00am you have your first juice and every two hours after that. 

I started to feel really hungry around 1pm, but that's probably because it's lunchtime. The only moment I really struggled was around 4pm. I was hungry but had just had one of the juices. On top of that, I was making dinner for the hubby. So that didn't help either;) 
After I had my veggiesoup at 6.30pm I was feeling nauseous, so I had half my veggiesoup at 8pm and decided to skip the nutmilk and go to bed. 

Looking back at day 1, I think it went quite allright. The only symptoms I had were a headache and the nausea. So far so good! Let's do day two! 

Day 2
I decided to postpone 'breakfast' as long as possible, so I had my first juice around 10am instead of 9. It went great until my husband decided to order a pizza.. And, weak as I am, I ate dinner. Yep, I know.. not too smart, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I was so hungry and felt 'blaaahh..' (no better word for this feeling;))
After dinner I had only water and decided the next day would be all juicy again..

I still had a headache and was just feeling weak, but the dinner really helped.

Day 3
So, the last day. Boy is this hard! I didn't think I'd struggle this much, but it turns out I really love food (didn't I know that already..)
Today was a Saturday and that is definitely not the best day to do a detox. My husband was at home all day and had a lovely lunch, and a fantastically smelling dinner;) So yes, it was extremely hard to finish, but at some point I thought; get over it, it's only half a day left!
I finished the day without eating and I have to tell you, I am so glad it's done!

Again I had headaches and felt just weak. I am so happy I can eat normal food again. After 3 days of only juices, you just really want to eat (aka chew) something..

Results?
I am never ever doing this again!
Why? Because it was ridiculously hard! I am just not made for not eating I guess.. I really try to watch what I eat and I am not a big eater, but no solid foods for 3 days is just too hard for me. So no, I won't do this again.
But, I do think it was worth it. I don't feel better, nor did I lose a lot of weight, but I know it will have done something good for my overall health. Plus, it's easier to skip the sugars, because I haven't had any sugar for 5 days (including the 2 pre-detox days)
I didn't lose any weight, and that really bothers me. I really felt like I did all the hard work for nothing, but I didn't do it just to lose weight, so I shouldn't complain. I do feel like I am having a flatter belly, but that might just be my imagination.
I hope it will help me with my sugar free journey.

Well, that was that. Glad I did it, but even happier that it's over..
No I'm off to eat cake! (just kidding..)


Love,

X



No comments:

Post a Comment