Monday, August 10, 2015

Mommy Monday | Why we found out the gender after all..

So, as the title suggest, we found out what we are having! I'll tell you in a minute, but first I'd like to explain how the process to this ultrasound and gender reveal went.

Ever since I can remember I have been telling myself (and the husband as soon as he came into the picture) that I would never want to find out the gender if I'd ever get pregnant. So when we found out we were pregnant, that was the first thing we said to each other, because the Mister felt the same. We were pretty convinced and told everyone we were not going to find out the gender until the little one was born.

But during the fourth month I started to get curious. Friends of ours are also expecting and both of the girls (and boys obviously) know what they are having. I kind of liked that idea and it's easier to shop;) That was the first time I started to doubt our decision. I let it rest and stuck to our first decision not to find out.

Whenever I would talk to friends and family, they told me they were so curious and, more importantly, how hard it was to find gender neutral clothes. Especially clothes that they'd think I would like. Which is something I had experienced myself already, because for some reason the 'gender neutral market' is close to nothing.

When we had our ultrasound at 18 weeks I was already doubting, but the husband said he really didn't want to know, so we said no when she asked us if we wanted to know. The ultrasound went great and we didn't see a thing. (Maybe that means we are having a girl??!)

But the last 2.5 weeks were crazy! I kept thinking about what the gender would be. And everybody we asked would say; I think it's a girl. That did the trick for me. I was too curious to find out whether they were right or not?!

So, combine all these things to my unbelievable lack of patience and curiosity and you can guess what happened. The evening before our ultrasound, I told the husband I really wanted to know the gender. I had told him before, but now I was pretty determined. He asked me if I was very sure. I was. And so he said what a great husband would say: ' If it's really important for you, than it's fine with me'. He also added: 'But you have to tell everyone it was YOUR decision, not mine!' Haha.

So, when we went for our 20 week ultrasound I told her WE wanted to know. And so we did (and do)! And let me tell you this, it was so much fun to find out everyone was wrong! Haha!

We are having a little BOY! Yay!!

We told our family and friends on Sunday because everyone was at our place, since it was my birthday. Perfect timing! They all loved it and are looking forward to it! Just like us!

Luckily, everything is fine with our little baby and he is growing well. Which was great to hear, because that is what you came for after all.

So now you all know:)

Lots of love,
X





1 comment:

  1. Yay for team blue!! Boys are awesome - congrats :). I was adamant I didn't want to know, but Craig really wanted to. By 20 weeks I was curious and thought that it was unfair to be selfish when it was the one thing Craig wanted, so we asked and were lucky enough it was a clear cps can to tell :)

    ReplyDelete