Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Healthy Wednesday | I quit sugar, the beginning

Hello everyone,

This week I decided to get back into the 'I quit sugar' community. I have quit sugar before, but didn't keep up. I'd like to blame that on my pregnancy, but I think it also has to do with my laziness. I just didn't want to bake my own bread and cookies for some time. 
But, I am back at it!

I quit Sugar, what is it?
The best way to explain this is, quitting the refined sugars. If you are interested I suggest you go to Iquitsugar.com to read the whole story. It's a website by Sarah Wilson, who also wrote this book --> 

I'll try to explain it in a simple manner:
Nowadays we eat around 5 times the amount of sugar we actually need, which is bad for us for all sorts of reasons. This program (or lifestyle) is meant to reduce this sugar intake to a normal amount. It helps you in 8 weeks to quit sugar and then helps you to continue this. You can either buy the book, do the program through her website or just go 'cold turkey' and leave out all the sugars. I would recommend option one or two though, because you have no idea what products contain sugar! (not just your cupcakes, pies and chocolate, believe me!)


Why am I doing this?
I have different reasons for wanting to do this:
- I am addicted to sugar! Yes, it's true. If I don't eat sugar for a day I get a headache, feel tired and start to get moody. Sugar is an addiction, and I am not afraid to admit I have one. And since I don't want to be addicted to anything, I want to get rid of my sugar addiction as well. 
- I am pregnant. I know this is not the first time I mention this, but I want to eat healthy for my little one. I want it to grow as healthy as possible, and I want to continue eating healthy when he/she is here. I want to have my child(ren) sugar free as well. 
- Sugar is really really bad for you. This is actually the biggest reason. The more you look into the sugar free lifestyle and the theory behind it, the more you'll understand why. It is even thought that sugar is a big problem in the rise of Obesity, Diabetes, Vascular diseases and even cancer! I don't want to expose my baby, my husband or myself to these risks!

So what am I going to share?
I want to share my journey with you. I am starting my 8 week program today and want to keep you posted. Follow along with me, or just see how I do. 
I also want to share some nice recipes, tips and other stuff I think might help you.

Well, so far I haven't done much yet, but I am going to share my journey with you every Wednesday in this blogpost Healthy Wednesday. 













No comments:

Post a Comment